Hacienda de Trancas is located to the northwest of the city of Dolores Hidalgo, Gto., its origins go back almost 500 years to the year of 1567 when a Spaniard by the name of Diego Martín received the assignment of a site for small livestock and four stables which, through other grants and purchases, grew until they became part of the work of “Las Trancas”, since that is how the place was known as the property of Don Cristóbal de Bocanegra in 1631.
This property was transferred and inherited from owner to owner until 1696 when it was owned by Captain Andrés de Palencia and by the time it was already known as “Hacienda de San Joaquin de las Trancas” which in 1743 was part of an extensive entailed state created by Don Manuel Francisco Tomas de la Canal, Regent and Ordinary Mayor of the Villa de San Miguel. Upon his death, this entailed state was passed through different beneficiaries until it ended up being dismembered in 1850, leaving the estate that occupies us in the possession of Ramón María Loreto de la Canal de Samaniego.
In 1891, the Samaniego family signed a contract to divide the property with Don Ignacio Azanza, who left that contract unfinished when he died, which is why his son and heir decided to buy the farm definitively. In the hands of the Azanza family, the farm remained until shortly after the armed movement of 1910 ended, at which point, all the information regarding San Joaquín de las Trancas got lost, so there is no more information past that time.
Establish ourselves in the national and international market, providing the best positive and unforgettable experiences, through excellence in the customized Lodging, Spa and Restaurant services.
To be the number one option in terms of accommodation and in each and every one of our services due to our quality.
This information is also available in: Español (Spanish)